Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Random after show musings...

I've never done any kind of drug, but I completely understand why many entertainers start. I just finished a show for about a thousand people tonight. It rocked!!! When you have a great show and the audience is really going crazy for you there's such an intense amount of love/adrenaline/energy …and even right after the show when people are lining up to say hi, shake your hand, get an autograph, buy a CD …etc. The whole process is sort of surreal. I used to try and act normal when all of that was happening …and sometimes I still do, but oddly enough the more "normal" I try to act the more weird it all feels because it's not normal really. So when I just let go and accept it strangely it all starts to feel slightly more normal. …Then the show ends and the people leave.  …I'm sure it's the "after the show" feeling that makes many entertainers start do drugs. They want the feeling to continue. Sometimes I do to. Suddenly all the love/adrenaline …etc. seems to just disappear. It hasn't disappeared, but it has dissipated for a while. I'm lucky I guess that my dad's substance abuse throughout my childhood completely scared me into never touching any substance that would alter the way I felt. Well, writing this blog has been a good way to come off the "high" for me tonight. Now I'm gonna watch my favorite TV show Dexter and fall asleep :)

4 comments:

  1. ... i wanna b like u ... u have been my idol now ..i hv never follwed anyone like u .... wish u lots of sucess and keep watching Dexter ... i mean u whole life enjoy ... thanks for giving us such an amzing voice to listen .... u made me more close to music and life .... And yes it so nice to read ur thoughts by this blog .... its actually connects us more wid u ....its so true feelings .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st and foremost, I'm a FAN-a huge one. The first time I saw your video "Naiisip mo ba" last year, i was instantly hooked. I immediately subscribed you in youtube & followed you in facebook.I once in awhile ask myself, what is it in you that i really love. Yes, the music and your love for this country what draws me, but what sustains me to continually be a fan is your heart. You have a big heart and it reflects in your music, it reflects in your personality. Reading this blog made me a prouder fan because my "idol" does not only have a great heart...he also have depth and character. I'm proud that you do not succumb to instant gratification, I'm proud that you are grounded and very much in touch with yourself. May God continue to bless you. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete