Monday, August 15, 2016

ELESI - RIVERMAYA (Duet) - Monique Lualhati & David DiMuzio

Rico Blanco has long been my favorite Filipino songwriter. He was really the reason I first became interested in Filipino music. I loved his first solo album, and then started listening to the songs he'd written and produced for his first band Rivermaya.



Elesi was one of those songs, and still one of the most interesting melodic, rhythmic, and lyrical songs of Filipino Pop/Rock history.



This duet with Voice Of The Philippines runner-up Monique Lualhati I think takes the history of this classic song even a bit further with a unique ukulele duet interpretation we put together. I'm really proud of this cover for it's uniqueness, and variance from the original Rivermaya version. We hope you like it.



1 comment:

  1. It feels good to have read your post. I got a lot of good thoughts here. You must be brilliant to have come with writing articles that could inspire and help a lot of your readers. I feel like going to visit this site more often. N.W.Food

    ReplyDelete