Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things I Never Eat...


I was asked by a music fan of mine named Josh to write some blogs on exercising and maintaining one's physique. I’ve been working out regularly for the last 13 years and I really hope the principals I've learned will help you on your journey to having the body that you want. This will be a regular blog with new tips introduced every week or so. Let's get started! :)

DIET: I easily get addicted to things …playing guitar, exercising, restaurants …you name it I can be addicted to it. What I mean by addicted is that things easily become habitual for me. We are a habitual species and this principal vastly pertains to our diet since most of us eat at least three times EVERY day. You might not eat the same thing everyday, but you probably eat the same things at least once a month. For that reason I never diet, but I always diet. I realized 6 years ago that it was much easier to not eat food that was clearly bad for me if I NEVER ate it …I just cut it out of my diet completely …as if it was poisonous …which in some way most of this food is. Plenty of poisons don’t kill you instantly, but they still harm you. Eventually I did this with drinking as well …but one thing at a time.

THINGS I NO LONGER EAT ARE…

1. PIG (a meat that is most often served in ways that are horrible for you such as bacon, sausage, hot dogs …etc.)
2. BOTTOM FEEDERS, which include Catfish, crab, lobster, shrimp (all shellfish, most of which are extremely high in cholesterol and who’s job it is to clean the “trash” off the ocean floor so in effect we are “eating the trash”)
3. RED MEAT (meaning Cow mainly, and the most difficult one for me, also I think the least important, though still a very good lifestyle choice!)
4. FRENCH FRIES (WAY too available all the time, deep fried, and containing virtually no nutritional value)
5. POTATO CHIPS (though I do eat many kinds of chips, the standard style potato chip I don’t eat)
6. DEEP FRIED ANYTHING!

7. ICE CREAM (I still eat sorbet, and yogurt, but not cow’s milk based ice cream)

Other than these couple of foods I eat ANYTHING else. I don’t believe in “dieting” and I don’t believe in “calorie counting”, but I’ve found by just cutting out these couple of available foods my daily intake has been vastly altered. I’ve also found that after a while I no longer craved any of these things and especially with pig and bottom feeders even the smell turns me off now.

My challenge to you is to cut something that you know is bad for you, but you eat regularly (french fries, ice cream …etc.) out of your diet …but not for a week, a month, or a year, …but forever. This isn’t a dieting plan, it’s a lifestyle change. We are habitual people and we don’t react well to diets because diets are temporary, but one food item at a time we have the opportunity to positively affect our entire lifestyle! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well David I will give it a try, and I will give up french fries,ans also fried foods.
    Thanks for putting your secrets on here.
    Sincerely Shane

    ReplyDelete