Friday, June 11, 2010

My First Major Label Recording

Hey Guys,

In July I'll be starting to base myself out of the Philippines part time. I've been doing a lot of shows around Asia, so I've decided I'd like to have a home base on that side of that world as well. Splitting my home base up between the US and the Philippines will enable me to play more shows for everyone. I was in the Philippines playing and meeting with labels three times last year and the islands are incredibly beautiful. At some point I'd like to organize a trip for my fans around other parts of the world to come visit for a week or two as a sort of "Rock'n Roll Cruise", but on land. It would be the trip of a lifetime!

Last week Filipino Acoustic/Pop star Nyoy Volante released his album on "Universal Music/MCA Records", and my song "So Hard To Let Go" is track #5! He's known worldwide as one of the pioneers of acoustic music in Asia, and I couldn't be happier with Nyoy's version. Yesterday I recorded a YouTube video of me singing "So Hard To Let Go" in my condo in Nashville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3YmRMnwP3o

The next "free single of the month" will be coming soon, but while you wait in anticipation here are a few interesting facts about the Philippines that you might not expect.

"The Philippines"
Population: 92 Million
Worlds 12th most populous country
Number of islands: 7,107
Primary Language: English/Tagalog (most used; English)
Average price of a 1hr massage at a professional spa: $4 US
Religion: 90% Christian
Worlds largest supplier of nurses.
Price of a 15 minute cab ride: $1.50 US

You Rock! :)

David
PS: Those of you that already have my debut album "I Wanna Save The Last Koala Bear" It'd be cool to read your review of it it on iTunes :) ...thx!!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/i-wanna-save-the-last-koala/id366479041

No comments:

Post a Comment